- Peel the squash and cut into chunks, discarding the pulp.
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the onion, chilli, ginger and spices.
- Sweat the onion until soft then add the squash, cooking until softened.
- Pour over water and simmer for 15mins.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for a further 10mins.
- Using a stick blender or jug blender, blend until smooth.
- Season and serve.
Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
Rich and warming soup for cold autumn evenings or a light lunch.
40 minutes (15 mins prep/25 mins cooking)
- 2 butternut squash
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli sliced
- 1/2tsp cayenne powder
- 1tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tins coconut milk
- 200ml water
- 1tbsp oil / coconut oil
- salt & pepper