- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Before beginning to make your muffins, place flaked almonds on to a tray with parchment paper & bake in the oven until lightly toasted golden colour. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together oil, sugar & eggs continue until thick & pale.
- Add in sieved flour, salt & baking powder. Mix well.
- Gradually add in ground almonds & lemon zest.
- Mix well to incorporate the lemon zest to give that zesty fresh flavour.
- Add almond milk gradually to the mix to prevent it splitting.
- Finish with stirring in blueberries.
- Divide mixture in to muffin cases filling them up half way.
- Place into preheated oven & bake for 25- 30mins.
- Allow muffins to cool in the muffin tray for around 10 minutes. Then remove onto a wire rack to completely cool down.
Gluten Free Blueberry & Almond Muffins
A healthy treat option for the New Year that's gluten free! Blueberries add moisture to the mix further enhanced with a little touch of zest.
- 65ml oil
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 60g ground almonds
- ½ tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 165g Free From (gluten free flour)
- 2tsp baking powder (ensure label says gluten free)
- 125g blueberries fresh or frozen
- 80ml almond milk
- 12g almonds