A mildly spiced and fruity curry ideal for a mid-week dinner.
- Prepare the raw chicken by trimming and removing any sinew. Cook by boiling or steaming the chicken until fully cooked, then cool until the sauce is ready.
- To make the sauce, gently sweat the onion in oil until soft. Now stir in the lemon juice, sugar, curry powder, puree, wine, bay leaf and seasoning. Mix well before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Stir in the apricots and cream. Slice the cooled chicken across 1cm thick. Stir into the sauce, carefully so as not to break up.
- Heat through but do not boil. Sweeten to taste with the juices from the apricots, if necessary.
- Serve with rice or wedges. Garnish with chopped parsley or coriander.
Swap the cream for natural yogurt for a healthier alternative or swap the chicken for chick peas for a meat free alternative