- Prepare the raw chicken by trimming and removing any sinew. Cook by boiling or steaming the chicken until fully cooked, then cool until the sauce is ready.
- To make the sauce, gently sweat the onion in oil until soft. Now stir in the lemon juice, sugar, curry powder, puree, wine, bay leaf and seasoning. Mix well before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Stir in the apricots and cream. Slice the cooled chicken across 1cm thick. Stir into the sauce, carefully so as not to break up.
- Heat through but do not boil. Sweeten to taste with the juices from the apricots, if necessary.
- Serve with rice or wedges. Garnish with chopped parsley or coriander.
Chicken & Apricot Curry
A mildly spiced and fruity curry ideal for a mid-week dinner.
- 200g onion, finely chopped
- 1tbps oil
- 1dsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 25g curry powder
- 25g tomato puree
- 150ml red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 chicken fillets or 400g cooked chicken
- 150g tinned apricots
- 150ml double cream