It's great having an off licence to hand for a little experimentation with wines and ales in your cooking! This marinade for pork ribs incorporates a bottle of dark ale. Marinade overnight - it's worth the wait!
- Grate the apple in to a large roasting tin deep enough for your ribs to fit.
- Bind your ingredients together and slowly whisk in your ale.
- Place ribs in to marinade over night. Wrap tray in cling film refrigerate over night.
- Pre heat your oven to 140ºC.
- Remove cling film from roasting tray and cover with tin foil. Place tray in to oven and cook for 3 hours.
- After 2 hours check marinade hasn’t completely evaporated - if it has, simply add a cup of water to cover the ribs again.
- When they’re done the ribs will be succulent & tender.
- Finally turn the oven up to 220ºC for 10-15mins until ribs caramelise.