Rich and warming soup for cold autumn evenings, or a light lunch
- Peel the squash and cut into chunks, discarding the pulp.
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the onion, chilli, ginger and spices.
- Sweat the onion until soft then add the squash, cooking until softened.
- Pour over water and simmer for 15mins.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for a further 10mins.
- Using a stick blender or jug blender, blend until smooth.
- Season and serve.
Before you cut the squash into chunks, peel 10 strips of the squash and drizzle with oil. Add 1tsp of chopped thyme and cook in the oven to create butternut squash crisps for your soup garnish.
Try roasting your chunks in the oven for a more intense flavour.