Game season is here. Our chefs favourite time of the year and this recipe is the perfect introduction to the longer nights and festive season.
- Preheat Oven 180C
- Place a cooling rack onto a roasting tray - this will allow the duck fat to drip onto the tray and not burn the bird
- Rub duck in salt, pepper and ginger inside and out
- Cut orange into wedges and place into cavity
- Place duck onto the cooling tray and set into the oven
- Cook for 1 hour
- Then turn down to 150C for 2-2.5 hours (ensure to check the bird regularly)
- Prepare Hoi Sin sauce while the bird is cooking
- Place all sauce ingredients in a processor and blend until smooth
- For the veg filling simply cut the carrot, leek and spring onions into small matchsticks (this cut is known as julienne)
- When the duck finishes cooking allow to cool before pulling the meat apart. Cut out the breasts and remove bones from legs.
- Place meat on a chopping board and chop until the meat is to your liking
- Microwave or place you pancakes into a steamer just before serving
- To serve simply roll up your pancakes with a little bit of veg, a dollop of hoi sin sauce and some of the lovely ginger and orange flavoured duck
For a quick and easy tip pick up 1 jar of Hoi Sin Sauce in store